- Log in to your WordPress account
- Go to > Products > Add Product.
- Enter a product Title and Description
- Go to the Product Data panel, and select downloadable (digital) or virtual (service) if applicable
General section (Product data)
- SKU – Stock keep unit (SKU) tracks products. Must be unique and should be formatted so it does not match any post IDs. For example, post IDs are numbers so a SKU could be WS01. That could stand for WooShirt 01.
- Regular Price – Item’s normal/regular price.
- Sale Price – Item’s discounted price that can then be scheduled for certain date ranges. The sale expires at 11:59pm of the specified end date.
Inventory section – The inventory section allows you to manage stock for the product individually and define whether to allow back orders and more. It enables you to sell products and allow customers to add them to the cart to buy.
Enable Stock Management must be selected in Products Inventory Settings; otherwise, only the ‘Stock status’ option is visible in the Product Data Inventory box. Options when stock management at product level is disabled. You are responsible for updating the Stock Status.
Options when stock management at product level is enabled.
- Enter the Stock Quantity, and WooCommerce auto-manages inventory and auto-updatesStock Status as Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder.
- Select whether to Allow Backorders.
- Low stock threshold – Enter a number upon which you are notified.
- Tick the Sold Individually box to limit the product to one per order.
- Weight – Weight of the item.
- Dimensions – Length, width and height for the item.
- Shipping Class – Shipping classes are used by certain shipping methods to group similar products.
Linked Products section
- Using up-sells and cross-sells, you can cross promote your products. They can be added by searching for a particular product and selecting the product from the dropdown list:
On the Attributes tab, you can assign details to a product. You will see a select box containing global attribute sets you created (e.g., platform). Custom attributes can also be applied by choosing Custom product attribute from the select box. These are added at the product level and won’t be available in layered navigation or other products.
- Purchase note – Enter an optional note to send the customer after they purchase the product.
- Menu order – Custom ordering position for this item.
- Enable Reviews – Enable/Disable customer reviews for this item.
Product short description
Add an excerpt. This typically appears next to product imagery on the listing page, and the long description appears in the Product Description tab.
- On the right-hand side of the Add New Product panel, there are product categories in which you can place your product.
- Add product image
- Save draft , Preview or Publish your product.
Add new COUPON
WooCommerce supports four discount types:
- Cart Discount — a fixed discount on your whole cart
- Cart % Discount — a percentage discount on your whole cart
- Product Discount — a fixed discount on a specific product/s
- Product % Discount — a percentage discount on a specific product/s
USAGE RESTRICTIONS TAB
- This is the tab where you’ll configure your coupon’s specific requirements — how it’s activated.
- Set which minimum/maximum subtotals the coupon.
- Check the checkboxes to restrict one coupon code per order and prevent the coupon being applied to sale items
- Configure the code to apply to/exclude specific products and categories
USAGE LIMITS TAB
- Restrict how many times your coupon can be used — either per customer, or total uses.
- With this tab configured, coupon will expire either after my Usage limit or the specified Expiry date — whichever comes first.
Then, click PUBLISH.